Raisins are a delicious natural healthy snack that can be eaten alone or added to various foods, such as making oatmeal raisin cookies. Raisins are versatile and easy to make. Raisins can be easily made by putting them in the sun, putting them in the oven, or drying them in a dehydrator. GOODLUCK shares with you the following methods of making raisins, we hope it can help you.
Put the grapes in the sun to dry
1. Remove the larger stalks, and then wash the grapes. Just remove the larger stalks, you don't need to remove all the stalks. Then wash the grapes with running water.
You can also clean the grapes with an all-natural produce cleaning solution, but most of the time, just washing with water will do.
2. Distribute the grapes evenly in the baking dish, and then cover with a kitchen rag. Use wooden, bamboo, or plastic baking trays and make sure there are a few raised dividers at the bottom to allow the air around the grapes to flow. Spread the grapes evenly and don't touch each other.
If you don’t want to use a kitchen cloth to cover the grapes, you can use a pillowcase. This will also prevent insects from approaching while the grapes are being drained. Make sure that what you use to cover the grapes is not easily blown away by the wind. If the covering is relatively light, it may be necessary to press the corners with heavy objects.
3. When the weather is hot and dry, put the bakeware outside in the sun. Put it in a place with the most sunlight during the day. Sun grapes only when the weather is hot and dry, because the hotter and drier the weather, the easier it is to dry the grapes.
When the weather is cool, cold, or particularly humid, the grapes need to be dried for a longer time, and may not even be dried completely. So only when the weather is clear, the humidity is not too high, and the temperature reaches at least 24 degrees Celsius, they can be taken outside the house.
If the place where you live in foggy or dew at night, bring the bakeware back to the house after dark and put it outside to dry the next morning.
4. Put the grapes outside the house for 3-4 days and turn them over from time to time. It may take up to 96 hours for the grapes to become dry enough, but it depends on the local weather and the original moisture content of the grapes. In any case, it should be exposed to the sun for at least 3 days and turned over twice a day to ensure that each side is exposed to the sun.
Taste one or two grapes after 3 days to see if they are dry enough. If you are satisfied with the finished product, you can take them back to the house. If it is not dry enough, you can dry it for another day.
5. Bring the raisins back to the house and store them in an airtight container. When the grapes become raisins, bring them back to the house and put them in an airtight container. Put the container in a cool place or in the refrigerator.
It is recommended to put the dried raisins in a sealed polyester film bag, Tupperware box, or put the same small bag of deoxidizer in a glass jar.
Making raisins in the oven
1. Preheat the oven to 110 degrees Celsius. Adjust the oven temperature to about 110 degrees Celsius and preheat for 15 minutes. Put the grapes in the oven before preheating, otherwise, the quality of the raisins will be affected.
The grapes need to be roasted for about 4 hours at this temperature before they become raisins. If you want to take it slowly, you can lower the temperature to 65 degrees Celsius and bake for about 36 hours. Although it takes a long time, it also reduces the risk of over-baking or over-baking.
2. Wash the grapes and remove the stalks. Wash the grapes with running water and remove the larger stalks with scissors or fingers. Throw away the broken grapes. You can also clean the grapes with an all-natural agricultural product cleaning solution.
3. Spread oil on the baking tray, and then spread the grapes evenly inside, and try not to let the grapes touch each other. If you don't want the grapes to get oily, you can use baking paper.
4. Put the grapes in the oven and roast for about 4 hours until they shrink. During the roasting process, check the grapes from time to time to avoid mistakes. If the grapes are dry enough, you can take them out even if they have not been roasted for 4 hours.
The specific roasting time depends on the size of the grapes and the degree of shrinkage you like. Large grapes take longer to dry.
5. Remove the raisins from the oven and let them cool. After the grapes are roasted dry enough, carefully remove them from the oven and let them cool for at least 30 minutes. If the raisins stick to the baking sheet, you can use a thin metal spatula to remove them.
6. Put the raisins in an airtight container and put them in the refrigerator for storage. After the raisins have completely cooled down, put them in a resealable airtight container and put them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh. Raisins can be refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
Use a dehydrator
1. Wash the grapes and remove the seeds if necessary. Before putting the grapes into the dehydrator, use cold running water to wash off the dirt or debris that is adhered to them. If the grapes have seeds, you can cut them in half, remove the seeds and continue to the next step.
If the grapes do not have seeds, there is no need to cut them. You can also clean the grapes with an all-natural agricultural product cleaning solution.
2. Spread the grapes evenly on the tray of the dehydrator. It doesn’t need to be distributed too evenly, and it’s okay to have a little contact with each other. But don't put too many grapes, so as not to affect the dehydration effect. Strictly follow the instructions for using the dehydrator and avoid putting too many grapes.
3. Adjust the temperature of the dehydrator to about 60 degrees Celsius. This is the most commonly used temperature for dehydrating grapes. If your dehydrator is set with the "fruit" option, you can also adjust to this option. Your dehydrator may indicate the recommended temperature for dehydrating grapes. If so, follow the instructions.
4. Let the grapes dehydrate for at least 24 hours. Most grapes require at least 24 hours to fully dehydrate, and some even take longer. Check the grapes every 2 hours or so and taste them. If it has been dried to your liking in less than 24 hours, you can take them out at any time.
If the grapes are very small, they may become raisins in less than 24 hours. When using small grapes, check the condition of the grapes from time to time to avoid excessive dehydration.
5. Take out the grapes from the dehydrator and store them in a proper place. After the grapes are dry enough, remove them from the dehydrator and let them cool thoroughly. Then put it in a sealed container, such as a plastic bag or glass jar, and store it in a suitable place.
Raisins are made in this way, packed in airtight containers, and can be placed in a cool and dry place in the food storage room for up to several months.
(1) Overripe grapes take longer to dry out and may rot before turning into raisins. It is best to choose grapes that are almost ripe but already sweet.
(2) Pay attention to whether the grapes are wet or rotten. If a few grapes are damaged, immediately pick them out and throw them away, and spread the nearby grapes to dry.
(3) Hanging a whole bunch of grapes with a rope or wire to dry is much more difficult than using a flat tray, but the grapes can be exposed to more air, so the drying effect is better.
As a well-known producer of high-quality raisins in China, GOODLUCK has many vineyards that grow high-quality grapes. Our raisins are cleaned and processed using the latest technology from Germany and Belgium. In addition, our raisins pass through a laser sorting machine. If necessary, we can also sort the raisins by hand 100%, and provide custom-packed vacuum bags and cartons.
If you are interested in our raisins, you can search for related products on our website for corresponding understanding, and you can send us your needs, and we will give you a satisfactory answer in time.
As an experienced manufacturer of agricultural products, GOODLUCK is equipped with a professional production team and a strict quality inspection system. Our products are sold all over the world and have received praise and trust from many customers. We put the needs of customers first, and are committed to providing customers with effective solutions. If you want to buy our raisins, please contact us immediately!